What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are the concentrated extract by nature in the plant. Different parts of plants: leaves, twigs, flowers, roots, resin, etc can provide different oils. For rose, it comes from the flowers, frankincense arises from the resin of Boswellia trees, tea tree oil from melaleuca leaves, and finally, citrus oils are from fruit rinds. Also for healthy and shiny-looking hair, you can try Routine Shampoo and Conditioner Review 2023 for more information and genuine reviews regarding the product.
Their varied applications are decided by the special characteristics of these essential oils. For instance, lavender has a calming and sleep-promoting effect. These are potent, highly concentrated extracts of natural origin and have medicinal benefits.
They find extensive use in the formulation of several cosmetic products for the skin and hair. Many establishments also diffuse essential oils to have a calming and relaxing ambiance. At home, they can be safely used to freshen the house, help one sleep, clean surfaces, treat small cuts and bites, relieve an upset tummy, etc. Here are some of the ways you can use these oils.
Essential Oils Guide: What You Need To Know Before Starting
Essential Oils are highly fragrant, natural plant extracts jammed up with healthful properties. One or two drops would heal the mind, body, and soul.
There is no denying it – essential oils hold an immense amount of power in them. However, with so much false information out there, barely a person can decipher where to start looking.
If you’re looking to transition over to essential oil to support a more natural, holistic lifestyle but don’t know where to start – you’ve found your way to the right place. Allow our essential oils guide to cover all of your need-to-know bases.
We are going to teach you how to use essential oils, which ones to use, how to stay safe, and even where you can find the best products. First things first, let’s get them defined.
Using Essential Oils: Guide To Attaining Benefits While Staying Safe
Essential oils have so many uses, in a variety of different ways. So they’re incredibly versatile. As such, the majority of our short essential oils guide will focus on those many different methods and applications. So let’s get started. well, our personal favorite is aromatherapy.
The scent of the oil is what first meets you when you open a bottle. Because the oils are so highly concentrated, they have very strong and pungent scents.
Each oil has distinct aromatics of its kind and at the first inhalation of the scent of the oil, it immediately affects one’s body and mind. Essential oils send chemical messages to the brain by the stimulation of smell receptors then affecting the body emotionally, physically, and mentally.
How to Use:
- The easiest way to get the aromatic benefits is just to smell the essential oil by popping open the bottle. You can drop a few drops in your hands, rub them together, cup them adjacent to your nose, and inhale up deeply within your nostrils.
- Diffuse oils in an aromatherapy diffuser designed specifically for this purpose and enjoy their calming scent. We love our REVIVE Ultrasonic Diffuser for home, which has a 10-hour runtime with automatic shut-off for home & office safety.
- Put a drop or two of lavender essential oil on a cotton ball and leave it aside on your pillow
- Carry dry laundry with essential oil using dryer balls or sheets in the drying cycle
- To make a room spray, add to a spray bottle with water and a little witch hazel before spritzing all around the room
Staying Safe With Essential Oil
Now that you know all the different ways that essential oil can be used, let’s quickly cover a few areas of concern most people have when getting started- children, pregnancy, and interactions with medications. Here’s what you need to know on how to keep you and your family safe while still enjoying and gaining the benefits of diffusing essential oils:
Using essential oils on children
Thankfully, you can safely use essential oils on or around your children. There are some enjoyable DIY projects with essential oils you and the kids can do together when you have a little downtime! After all, they would be enjoying some of the benefits that are found in most of the essential oils.
But always remember to observe the same safety measures. The recommended dilution for children when applying topically is 8 drops of carrier to one drop of essential oil. If no adverse reaction occurs, the dilution can be increased from 5 drops of essential oil to 1 drop of carrier oil.
Using essential oils during pregnancy or taking prescription medications themselves
While there are some approved essential oils for use during pregnancy, many expecting mothers choose to stay away from the use of essential oils in their entirety. While there are some essential oils to avoid during pregnancy, many are still safe to use as topical or aromatic treatments. Of course, I’ve heard that you shouldn’t even be smelling the fumes of most nail polishes. If you want to learn more about the topic, we wrote an entire guide on essential oils and pregnancy.
If you are on a prescription medication, some essential oils might adversely interact with the prescribed medication when used internally. If you are pregnant, lactating, on prescription medications, or a prescribed protocol of application for a chronic condition, then always get professional medical advice before the use of essential oils.
Uses and Benefits of Revive Basics Kit
With these 6 full-sized bottles, hundreds of everyday problems find their solution. Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Immunity Boost, Sleep, and Breathe Air are 6 best-selling and most versatile Oils and blends. These Oils and Blends can do hundreds of things for you in your daily life, in your home, and for your loved ones.
You too, can blend them to make new recipes. That’s part of the fun of Essential Oils – learning new ways to use your collection, creating your recipes by mixing oils, and sharing with friends!
1. Drink more water and less sugar Drinks
- Add 1-2 drops of Lemon to 12 ounces of water or sparkling water.
- Shake well. Great taste, reduced desire to drink sugary drinks, cleansing the body of toxins – all this and charging with energy.
- And it is useful for the whole family too. Perfect for morning hours or as an alternative to afternoon coffee.
2. Shower like in a fitness club
- Flick a few drops onto each wall in your shower and your shower door/curtain. Roll up a small hand towel, lightly moisten with water, and add a few drops of Essential Oil onto the towel.
- Place a towel on the shower caddy as close to head level as you can get it. Turn your shower onto the hottest, leaving running for a few seconds until the shower starts to steam. Once the shower is steaming up, set the temperature to the desired heat.
- Ta-da you’ve got the perfect steam to shower ratio. Change it up with different Essential Oils and see what you like best. Our favorites were Lavender, Lemon, and Peppermint. (Also great here are Eucalyptus, and REVIVE Energy, which are not included in the Basics Kit)
3. Reduced Anxious Feelings and Balanced Meiea
- One of the very most common ways for Essential Oils and blends to be used. Lavender is one of the Best Essential Oils to reduce anxious feelings.
- Fill your diffuser with water next add 3 drops of one of these Essential Oils. Diffuse for 20 minutes. This is among the common uses of Essential Oils and blends.
- Any time of day. Add a drop of these Essential Oils to water, a teaspoon of honey, or 1 drop just under the tongue and consume orally.
- Mix 3 drops of Lavender with a teaspoon of raw coconut oil and apply on the base of your feet, rub on your neck, and the rims of the ears, or massage into your skin.
4. Improved Digestion
- This is one of the most common uses of Essential Oils and blends. Peppermint helps support digestion.
- Diffuse, dilute 1 drop into a warm cloth and apply it to over stomach area, pour 3 drops into water or tea or a teaspoon of raw honey, or orally take 1 drop under your tongue.
- Peppermint is a good hanced with lunch and dinner – take it before or after your meal for better digestion.
- Use Peppermint, if you’ve stomach problems like constipation or diarrhea.
5. Sleep Well
This is probably the most common use of Essential Oils and blends. Both REVIVE Sleep and Lavender are great for sleep.
Fill your diffuser with water and add 3-6 drops of one of these Essential Oils. Diffuse in your bedroom starting 30 minutes to an hour before bedtime. Another one is massaging a few drops on the bottom of your feet, neck, hands, chest, and forehead.
Another of our favorites is to place a few drops in a pot of water on the stove until boiling and then sit over the face as steam surrounds the face followed up by placing a towel over the head to create a tent effect (this is called facial steaming and can help with even sleep apnea or getting rid of a stuffy nose). (Good ones also include Bergamot and Vetiver).
6. Natural way for Sinus
Diffused REVIVE Breathe Air oil unblocks your nasal cavities as it brings a good remedy for a scratchy throat when inhaled. It can also be applied by rubbing 2-3 drops of this product on the temple.
7. Make a Natural Disinfecting spray
In a spray bottle, put distilled water. Drop 7-9 drops of REVIVE Protect. Shake the mixture well. Spray counters, door knobs, toys, the sink, etc. Or if you’ve Witch Hazel, fill a spray bottle ¼ way with Witch Hazel. Add 7-9 drops of REVIVE Immunity Boost. Fill the rest with purified water. Shake.
8. Start your Dazy Right every day:
Fill the diffuser with water and put in 3 drops of Lemon and 3 drops of Peppermint. Diffuse for 20 minutes.
9. Relieve or Reduce Headaches:
Place a few drops of Peppermint or Lavender on the temples, the back of the neck, and the forehead. Or diffuse for 30 minutes until the headache dissipates.
Different Ways To Apply Essential Oils Topically
Now that we’ve covered some basic information, we want to describe what are our favorite ways to use the essential oils right on your skin.
Most of the essential oil can be applied directly on the skin but always read instructions and recommendations before you apply it. Oh, and remember – never apply undiluted essential oils to sensitive skin. That said, here are our favorite applications for using the purest essential oils on your skin:
- In an aromatherapy roll-on
- Mixed with massage oil
- In a bath
- In a balm/salve
- As a natural perfume
- In a soap or a lotion
- On a compress
Topical application is usually best for physical problems. If you would have had muscle pain, the best treatment for you would have been a pain-relieving balm made with anti-inflammatory essential oils such as Sore No More applied to the area.
REVIVE’s Headache Relief Roll-on would be the perfect choice to apply around your temples for relief of a headache because the Essential Oils would soothe tension in the head and neck at the head and neck. Or if you have an upset stomach, adding Digest Support of REVIVE in a carrier oil and applying it in a small circular motion to your torso will help ease the pain.
Specific Ways To Apply Essential Oils On Your Skin:
Other Manner Of Application Of The Essential Oils You Can Apply On Your Skin:
- Cycle Calm diluted on the lower abdomen for menstrual cramping
- Energy and carrier oil are massaged into pulse points to reduce puffiness
- Gorgeous Blend as an attractive perfume
- Add 5 drops of Sunkissed to Aloe Vera and apply post getting a little over-sunned
- Mix REVIVE’s Allergy Relief with coconut oil and rub it onto the chest when allergies start acting up.
Benefits for Healthy Hair
- Thickens while promoting hair health and stimulating new hair growth.
- Strengthens and moisturizes
- Eliminates frizz and increases shine
- Assists in guarding against split ends and breakage
- Relieves and conditions scalp
- Suitable for all hair types and safe for everyday use
- 100% Natural Ingredients – No sulfates, parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrance, PEGs, SLSs other hair treatments!
Also Read: Moroccan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner Review
Benefits of REVIVE Breathe Air
- The body may feel the seasonal transitions in different ways and threats, and related diseases may be possessed because of the transitional impacts. Respiratory problems are mainly evident at high levels during cold and winter seasons. Additionally, one of the few respiratory difficulties includes the rise of pollen raising its standard during some months. Some essential oils, when used accurately, may help to reduce the effects that are caused by either seasonal or environmental threats. They assist in promoting clear airways and quality breathing processes or functions.
- When the most appropriate regimen of combinations is achieved, they will yield blends and work in a compatible manner.REVIVE Breathe Air blends are a compilation of mixed essential oils that resonate one with another, when being used in combination with each other they provide support to the respiratory functionality
- Supporting clear airways, and easy breathing.
- Helps protect from environmental threats during change of season.
- Promotes restful sleep.
- The cooling effect has an invigorating effect.
- It helps in soothing the senses.
What are the benefits of REVIVE Essential Oils?
REVIVE Essential Oils & Blends shall soothe feelings of the body and mind, raise an upset stomach, control anxious feelings, necessary serenity, head and neck tension, inflammation, and home cleaning.
What are the negative effects of essential oils?
- Signs of toxicity shall be:
- slow/shallow breath,
- coma (after big ingestion),
- persistent cough, gagging/choking, shortness of breath, wheezing.
- nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.
- irritation to the skin (skin exposure)
- redness of the eye, irritation, or pain (eye exposures).
1. Are REVIVE Essential Oils medical grade?
Are REVIVE Oils and Blends 100% Pure Therapeutic Grade? All of REVIVE’s Oils are 100% pure therapeutic grade and they haven’t added any additives, adulterants, fillers, synthetics, or dilutions. They are the newest collection with topmost quality.
2. What is the best brand of essential oils?
- Best Overall. Plant Therapy. Plant Therapy.
- The Vitamin Shoppe. The best example of an in-store essential oil both in variety and good quality is The Vitamin Shoppe.
- Enfluerage. Comprehensively collected from locally sourced products, Enfleurage.
- Rocky Mountain Oils. Good for parents: Rocky Mountain Oils.
- Edens Garden.
- Now Foods.
- Native Remedies.
- Aromatics International.
3. What are REVIVE Essential Oils and their uses?
REVIVE Essential Oils & Blends will help you sleep, with an upset stomach, reduce anxious feelings, achieve serenity, relieve tensions in your head and neck, reduce inflammation, and clean your home.
Wrapping Up Our Essential Oils Guide
Essential oils have a lot of applications when they are used properly. They can be diffused in your home to ease feelings of stress and anxiousness, applied topically for overworked muscles or inflammation, and even ingested to help support your immune system! By applying some simple safety measures, you would be able to simply make enhancements to your health a well-being.